Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Matzo Ball Soup

This is a easy and delicious soup, what we call comfort food. We need all the comfort we can get from one source or another. If you you have never tried Matzo Ball Soup, try it, you will like it.

Ingredients:
Matzo ball Soup mix, Contains two bags
 a).matzo  ball mix # 1 bag
b).soup mix,bag #2  ( I do not use the soup mix)
1 cup of coarse cut celery
1 cup of chopped carrots
2 cloves of sliced garlic
1 small onion chopped
4 skinless chicken breast or 6 chicken wings, raw, or any pieces of your choice
1 tsp ground thyme or fresh
1 TB ground parsley
2 eggs
2 Tbs veg. oil
1 tsp sea salt
water to cover ingredients

1. Place carrots, celery, onions and garlic along with chicken and ground thyme into pot large enough
    to  hold all ingredients, plus water.
2. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until chicken and vegetables are done. Add soup mix (optional).

3. In a small bowl,mix
   2, eggs
   2 Tbs veg. oil
   # 1 package of matzo ball mix
4. place this mixture into refridge until chicken and vegetables are done
5. Take a tbs measuring spoon and scoop up matzo ball mixture and drop each spoonful into simmering,
    soup. Make sure each spoonful holds together by lightly shaping them.
   Add parsley, and cover with  lid
   Chicken can be pulled apart into bite size pieces.


  
   Time: cooking time for matzo balls is approximately 30 minutes.

  Enjoy

5 comments:

January Asia said...

Your matzo ball soup must be very delicious and comforting.

I saw that you have added my blog to your Blog List. However, there are two errors:
- The other "F" in the name is missing. My blog name is spelled: The Caffeinated Globe.

- The URL you have linked to my blog name on your list is not the URL of my blog. Please try clicking it yourself, and you will see that the URL doesn't link to my blog. Here is the URL of my blog:
http://caffeinatedglobe.blogspot.com/

I will appreciate it if you will please correct the errors. Thanks in advance.

Sandy said...

Try the soup, I am correcting the errors, thanks for your help.

January Asia said...

Everything is correct. I'm officially thanking you here: Big thanks for the add on. I really appreciate it. Seeing my blog on your Blog List makes feel really good.

I look forward to seeing more of your recipes. I think you must be a very good cook.

Marguerite said...

This soup looks fab! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the follow! It's so nice to meet you!

Sandy said...

Thank you, try putting a cup of medium noodles in after the Matzo balls are done.A hearty treat! Do drop by again.