And most importantly , where is the escape or shelter area for your family. We watch all the weather disasters on TV every day and we think that it might not happen to us.
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- There are quite a few things needed to prepare a survival kit for a family. By adding a few things at a time you will eventually have your kit ready for most disasters.
- Water, liquids
- Nourishments, pop open cans, bagged snacks.
- First aid kit
- Blankets, clothing, shoes.
- Medications, eyeglasses, dentures, prescriptions
- Important papers
- Cell phones
- Batteries and flashlights or emergency lamps.
- Telephone numbers, Drs., friends,family and police dept.
- Remember "potty care" and paper, plastic bags.